Planning and Design Support
As part of project teams for project master plans, new and expanded projects, and special studies, ORCA coordinates with key stakeholders and works closely with project teams to ensure that all elements of a project are effectively designed and planned. We bring valuable knowledge and experience to the table from past projects, but also recognize that each project and each client is unique, thus requiring the thoughtful integration of input from the client's own management team.
ORCA's planning and design support utilizes our many fields of experience and expertise to assess and improve the visitor experience in all areas of an attraction or venue, including:
- Theater shows;
- Entries, lobbies and circulation spaces;
- Ticketing and admissions;
- Security screening;
- Wayfinding and signage;
- Visitor services (such as information, stroller/wheelchair rentals and audio tour rentals);
- Food service and dining;
- Visitor amenities (such as restrooms and coat and package check);
- Back-of-house support areas for operations and maintenance.
ORCA provided planning and design support services for the U.S. Capitol Visitor Center, Monticello, and Central Place Observation Deck.Back to top